SUNY Chancellor's Awards Program *
The Chancellor's Awards for Excellence are system-level honors conferred to acknowledge and provide system-wide recognition for consistently superior professional achievement and to encourage the ongoing pursuit of excellence.
The Office of the Vice Provost for Faculty Affairs administers the nomination process for Chancellor's Awards for Excellence in:
- Faculty Service
- Scholarship and Creative Activity
Chancellors Award Dossier Guidelines (in the following order):
- Checklist - Initiated by decanal unit, complete by Faculty Affairs/President's Office
- Certification - Completed by Faculty Affairs/President's Office
- Transmittal Letter - Written by the President
- Nomination Procedures Added by Faculty Affairs Office
- Summary Presentation Cover Sheet and Document (Completed by the nominating unit/See SUNY Guidelines link above) - Summary Presentations should not be written by the nominee (or in first person) because this undermines the impartiality and objectivity required of the nomination process. The Summary Presentation is limited to a maximum of five pages, excluding the cover sheet.
- Vita - An up-to-date and moderately detailed vita
- Deans letter plus additional internal letters (internal evaluators vitae not required) as outlined in nomination solicitation letter from Faculty Affairs
- External & Internal letters as outlined in nomination solicitation letter to Dean from Faculty Affairs
SUNY Distinguished Series Awards *
SUNY Appointment to the Ranks of Distinguished Professor, Distinguished Service and Distinguished Teaching Professor.
Created by the State University Board of Trustees as a prestigious system-level distinction, the Distinguished Faculty Rank (DFR) programs recognize and reward SUNYs finest and most accomplished faculty.
The Office of the Vice Provost for Faculty Affairs administers the nomination process for:
- Distinguished Professor
- Distinguished Service Professor
- Distinguished Teaching Professor
Distinguished Series Dossier Guidelines (in the following order):
- Nomination Abstract (See SUNY Guidelines link above)
- Candidates CV
- Deans letter
- Chairs letter
- Additional internal letters: 5-8 internal letters of rec (Provosts and Deans letter considered internal and may be counted. Presidents transmittal letter may not be counted. No internal evaluators vitae required.)
- 5-8 external letters of rec (no more than 8)
- NEW: COMPLETE CVs for all external evaluators are required. Abbreviated CVs taken from a web site may be rejected by SUNY if they appear incomplete. Detailed biographies are acceptable ONLY when standard CVs are unobtainable. Biographies must be the equivalent to a National Science Foundation Biographical Sketch (http://www.nsf.gov/pubs/policydocs/pappguide/nsf08_1/gpg_2.jsp)\. Bio-sketches that do not fulfill this requirement will be returned.(pdf copy of guidelines here)
- Teaching Evaluations if a DTP nomination
University at Buffalo Faculty Awards and Recognition *
- UB Distinguished Professor (Guidelines)
- Exceptional Scholars (Guidelines)
- Teaching Innovation (Guidelines)
* Policies and Guidelines for the above listed awards and faculty recognition are distributed annually during the respective nomination periods. Units and departments should review the nomination solicitation letter from the Office of the Vice Provost for Faculty Affairs and the attached guidelines for updates and supplemental information during each nomination cylce.